• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really ill feeling after surgery...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kentucky
  • Start date Start date
K

Kentucky

Junior member
Joined
Apr 8, 2016
Messages
1
Hey, It's been two days since I had all my wisdom teeth removed along with an impacted baby tooth, and I was just wondering if I'm supposed to feel this bad?

I figured I'd be slightly dizzy, maybe a bit nauseated, but at this point I'm getting sick, and have gotten sick nearly five or six times within 24 hours of surgery. I can sometimes keep foods down like soups, but other times Im hardly able to do much at all. I've got horrible shakes off and on and am starting to get more anxious about my state. Is this normal? I am taking Hydrocod/acetam at 10-350mg, and am also taking Penicilln 500mg.

Is this normal, or should I be worried?​
 
Try not to worry - that puts you in a useless loop of feeling worse and it will pass - but getting advice is best.

I am *not* a healthcare professional and would suggest you consult one - call your dentist/surgeon/hospital/clinic/anaesthetist. All should give you some free advice as they just treated you.

I had mine out last week, mid afternoon, and was told if I couldn't keep food down the next morning to call the clinic where they did my surgery.

It could also be a reaction to the medication you are on.

Good luck, hope you're feeling better soon. And remember, small sips and small snacks too
 
Back
Top