J
jd222
Member
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2025
- Messages
- 25
- Location
- Uk
Hi,
I have anxiety & panic attacks and have avoided the dentist for years because of this. I have a few teeth broken off at the gums and only one of them has been causing me trouble. Since last year I've had a recurring abcess above a broken tooth, it has been draining so I thought that was OK. I had to go to emergency dentist earlier this year when it swelled up and was given antibiotics for 5 days and was booked in to get extraction. Due to anxiety I cancelled the appointment. I then had to get another appointment where the dentist reffered me for nhs sedation and gave more antibiotics. 8 weeks later, it swelled up again and I'm on the last day of antibiotics now. I know I'll have to ring and ask for stronger ones maybe? My sedation appointment isn't for a few months. I'm terrified of it all and have been so worried an stressed out. I'm barely eating or leaving the house.
Please help
I have anxiety & panic attacks and have avoided the dentist for years because of this. I have a few teeth broken off at the gums and only one of them has been causing me trouble. Since last year I've had a recurring abcess above a broken tooth, it has been draining so I thought that was OK. I had to go to emergency dentist earlier this year when it swelled up and was given antibiotics for 5 days and was booked in to get extraction. Due to anxiety I cancelled the appointment. I then had to get another appointment where the dentist reffered me for nhs sedation and gave more antibiotics. 8 weeks later, it swelled up again and I'm on the last day of antibiotics now. I know I'll have to ring and ask for stronger ones maybe? My sedation appointment isn't for a few months. I'm terrified of it all and have been so worried an stressed out. I'm barely eating or leaving the house.
Please help