M
Melissa0204
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 27, 2013
- Messages
- 5
Hi everyone,
I joined this forum over 13 years ago when I decided, after 20 years, to see a dentist. I was lucky enough to find a wonderful dentist, and after having some cavities filled and a wisdom tooth extracted, I was back on the road to a healthy dental routine.
Well fast forward to a couple of years ago - sadly, my dentist passed away. He was a wonderful man, and I was so sorry to hear. His practice was sold to a new dentist, and I decided to stay. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a mistake. Over a series of appointments, I found her to be flat-out awful. Instead of easing my dental fears, she exacerbated them. It culminated in an absolutely awful crown placement experience that sent me running. I was so angry and upset, because I felt I had come so far overcoming my anxiety, only to have it back again.
I have found a new dentist near me that I have heard nothing but wonderful things about; I am hopeful! But also terrified all over again. I know I have one tooth that will probably need to be crowned, and possibly the crown she put on my upper molar may need to be replaced (there is a small gap between the crown and gumline). Oddly, I don't mind getting fillings
Since it is a Saturday, I am planning on calling next week to schedule an introductory appointment. I hate how scared I am, but I am so tired of worrying all the time! The only positive is because of my anxiety, I do have a very good home oral hygiene routine, I'm hoping that helps!
I remembered how helpful this forum was to me back then, so I'm back, hoping to share and receive some strength and positive vibes! It's supportive to know that we're not alone, and sharing experiences is so beneficial.
Thanks to all
I joined this forum over 13 years ago when I decided, after 20 years, to see a dentist. I was lucky enough to find a wonderful dentist, and after having some cavities filled and a wisdom tooth extracted, I was back on the road to a healthy dental routine.
Well fast forward to a couple of years ago - sadly, my dentist passed away. He was a wonderful man, and I was so sorry to hear. His practice was sold to a new dentist, and I decided to stay. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a mistake. Over a series of appointments, I found her to be flat-out awful. Instead of easing my dental fears, she exacerbated them. It culminated in an absolutely awful crown placement experience that sent me running. I was so angry and upset, because I felt I had come so far overcoming my anxiety, only to have it back again.
I have found a new dentist near me that I have heard nothing but wonderful things about; I am hopeful! But also terrified all over again. I know I have one tooth that will probably need to be crowned, and possibly the crown she put on my upper molar may need to be replaced (there is a small gap between the crown and gumline). Oddly, I don't mind getting fillings

Since it is a Saturday, I am planning on calling next week to schedule an introductory appointment. I hate how scared I am, but I am so tired of worrying all the time! The only positive is because of my anxiety, I do have a very good home oral hygiene routine, I'm hoping that helps!
I remembered how helpful this forum was to me back then, so I'm back, hoping to share and receive some strength and positive vibes! It's supportive to know that we're not alone, and sharing experiences is so beneficial.
Thanks to all
