• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Safety of both Halcion and IV Sedation Together?

F

Flower290

Hi everyone!

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for the tremendous amount of support! Words can not even begin to explain how much I appreciate it! :)

I, unfortunately, was too anxious to undergo the surgery this past week. However, the doctor is willing to give it another try if I do IV sedation. However, he also wants me to take two.25 mg Halcion pills when I arrive as well. I think I can do it this time, but I was wondering whether a total of .5 mg of Halcion in addition to IV sedation is safe? I am sure I will be extremely loopy the entire day, but I just have concerns about the safety of combing the two sedatives.

Thank you! :)

Hi Flower290,

can‘t exactly give you an answer when it comes to the dosage of the Halcion, however if your dentist is trained in IV sedation, I would expect them to have extensive training in drugs as well and knowing what can be combined and what not. If you have any concerns, it may be good to ask your dentist for a chat and let them explain to you why they think it is safe to take those.

All the best wishes

Back