• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared to death to get dental work! Help!

I've visited lots of dental offices this week and many were nice till I asked are they ok with dental anxiety patients and what are the ways to pay the bills. Everything upfront and no matter what happens to you they got their money. I have found a guy who listens. Nothing fancy or flashy on the outside,but kind and professional on the inside. Find yourself a dentist whom answers your calls when it gets though. Easier said then done I know.
Like I said... I'm in an emergency situation and I've shopped around for dentists. Now my tooth is abscessed, I'm on my fourth antibiotic and I am in a time crunch. I am not going to go get more xrays. Enough is enough... going to have to go with the dentist I have

Joselyn,

I"m sorry for what you are going through in finding affordable good comfortable care and sounds like you are really doing your self care. I had a friend who got in 2 motor vechicle accidents not his fault , well really totally changed his life and has some tooth issues for sure due to this. He has had really good experience going with a local dental school as far as financial its quite a bit less and they give him the options . He's been very happy with the care he's gotten from both the students and staff and he's also a very nervous patient but tells them up front and they've been really nice about it. I hope you find someone that works financially and comfort wise!

Joselyn,

I"m sorry for what you are going through in finding affordable good comfortable care and sounds like you are really doing your self care. I had a friend who got in 2 motor vechicle accidents not his fault , well really totally changed his life and has some tooth issues for sure due to this. He has had really good experience going with a local dental school as far as financial its quite a bit less and they give him the options . He's been very happy with the care he's gotten from both the students and staff and he's also a very nervous patient but tells them up front and they've been really nice about it. I hope you find someone that works financially and comfort wise!
Thanks. Unfortunately the dental schools are not close to me and it's a long horrible drive in backed up big city traffic. I've already checked into that but don't think I could deal with sitting in the car for hours after sitting in a dental chair for hours with students. Thanks for your response. I hope I can find a miracle.

Back