• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

second root canal appointment?

K

kaybee

So I'm a bit confused. I had a root canal done today and also the gum around the tooth has been sealed and sewn to prevent infection I think. Do I still have to go in for a permanent filling or crown? My tooth currently does not look like a normal tooth lol It's grey right now and isn't smooth like a tooth should be. i had a root canal because i had an accident a loooong time ago where the root was damaged and has slowly been decaying away. I have dental anxiety and I'm just worried about going in again for a second appointment. Will it take long? Do I need a crown? Or a filling?

anyone?? my appointment is only going to be 10-15 minutes long.

If the appointment is only 10 or 15 mins long after a rct it sounds like the dentist is going to put a crown on the tooth. Did you have impressions taken?

I don't really know why your gum was sewn, I have had a couple of rct's recently and it didn't involve my gums being sewn. I think your dentist needs to explain to you what they have done so that you understand :butterfly:

If the appointment is only 10 or 15 mins long after a rct it sounds like the dentist is going to put a crown on the tooth. Did you have impressions taken?

I don't really know why your gum was sewn, I have had a couple of rct's recently and it didn't involve my gums being sewn. I think your dentist needs to explain to you what they have done so that you understand :butterfly:

I dont believe I had any impressions taken...I had the iv sedation so maybe they did the impressions and I was too out of it to realize it...?

Nevermind...I just got a call from my regular dentist who has to do the permanent filling.

Ah problem solved then, I thought you had had the perm filling done. It will be a breeze no pain and it doesn't take long, so don't be worried about it. The worst bit is behind you. (and I don't mean the dentist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Sorry I couldn't resist.

Good luck for your appointment :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

Back