• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sensitive for hold and cold drinks after wisdom tooth extraction

A

AndersDanAnders

Hi,

Had my wisdom tooth (right side) removed about 3 weeks ago.

Everything is healing properly according to my dentist.

Since about a week though, when I drink hot or cold beverages and they reach the bottom right side I feel a sharp pain.
Not sure if it's from the extraction site or the 2nd molar.

I never had this before the extraction and didn't have it the first 2 weeks after the extraction.

I'm 99,9% confident I don't have a cavity in the molar since it was just sealed 5 months ago and seems to look fine.

Is it normal to be sensitive to hot and cold drinks after an extraction?

Is it normal to be sensitive to hot and cold drinks after an extraction?

It is perfectly possible, because the gum recess a bit and cause a mild root exposure at the 2nd molar, thus the sensitivity to extreme cold/warm/sweet/acid....

So it is not a cavity :).

It is quite easy to treat this problem, sometimes just a bit of time (couple of weeks) should be enough. During this period you can use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. If it does not work out you can consult your dentist, there are many ways to deal with this issue.

Last edited:
worm/sweat

I think this probably should be 'warm' and 'sweet', mind I'm no dental professional.......:p

I'm being cheeky :devilish:

I think this probably should be 'warm' and 'sweet', mind I'm no dental professional.......:p

I'm being cheeky :devilish:

I wish it was possible to blame the autocorrect.......:rolleyes:

Back