• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sensitive front teeth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lori-ann
  • Start date Start date
L

Lori-ann

Junior member
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
3
Hello,

I'm new here. I'm a bit concerned, I had a filling done on a lower molar nearest the front and I now have sensitive lower front teeth. It's not food or beverage related but constant and only stops when I rub them. I feel like a baby who's teething. Has anyone experienced this or know what this could be? :eek:
 
hi
don't worry your questions not daft so dont feel embarassed.
Theres several possibilities - if they gave you a clean at the same time and scaled the front teeth then this could cause the effect you describe and will disappear within a few days.

Another possibility is a lingering effect of the anaesthetic or injection though this is a lot less likely. If you didnt get a clean and the effect persists then go see the dentist again
 
Thank you. I didn't get a clean so maybe it's the lingering effect of the injection as they had to put two doses. Another thing, I read that it's normal for the tooth that was filled to be sensitive but how long should it be sensitive for before I should go back to them? It's still sensitive to both hot and cold water.
 
few days, week at the most. If it feels odd or strange in the bite then go back sooner.
fingers crossed
 
Try rubbing some sensodyne tooth paste on the gum line 3 times a day, it can help :)
 
Thanks, both of you. It started throbbing painfully every night so I went back to the dentist and now I'm scheduled for a root canal because the filling is apparently very close to my nerve.
 
Try rubbing some sensodyne tooth paste on the gum line 3 times a day, it can help :)

As Alice said, try sensodyne. I used to have sensitive teeth and this cured me. I couldn't eat ice cream, drink cold water, or even if it was cold outside, it was hard to breath without them hurting.

Rubbing it in is the best way, in my opinion. Toothbrushes would only make it worse, so I've found. I would also use mouthwash, to replace the toothbrush.

Hope you feel better soon! :)
 
Back
Top