• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sharp pain after cavity fillings

D

Dentaluser123

Former Member
Hi,

I had 4 cavity fillings on last Thursday(june 7th). Tooth numbers 13,14,15,19(my upper left and lower left). This is the first time I am getting the cavities filled. Never done before.

I was not able to bite properly. The upper tooth and lower doesn't lock together and i went to the dentist after 3 days (which is on June 11th). He checked the bite with marking paper and filed down a bit. Then i felt ok. I felt the right side tooth bites first. Then the dentist said it's correct that the other side tooth bites first. The cavity filling side will take some time to settle down. I had a sharp pain in my lower tooth (#19) and he told the filling in that tooth involves more drilling and filling. So that might cause pain and it will be ok in two weeks and sent me back home.

I haven't started eating on the left side of the mouth . I have the sharp pain in my left lower tooth where I had the filling. What causes this pain? I still feel the bites are not balanced. So, i am chewing only on the right side and not on the left side. Do i need to go back to dentist and check the filling?
It's paining on and off. It gives a sharp pain dien the teeth often.
This makes me so nervous.

Any input is appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi Dentaluser123,

sorry to read that you didn't get any reply quickly enough. You will understand that the amazing lovely dentists here on the forum have also a life and real patients and work a lot in background too (just look at all the extensive articles here on the site) and then even invest further free time to help the people here. Therefore it might take a while to get a reply sometimes.

Sadly I am not an expert so I cannot either offer you any advice, but I know that waiting in insecurity can be draining... Generally speaking, if you are in pain and still feel like something is wrong, it might be a good idea to go back to your dentist and let him check it again. If you feel your dentist is not helpful, you might consider to see a different one.

All the best wishes, may you get relief from your pain soon.

Hi Dentaluser123,

sorry to read that you didn't get any reply quickly enough. You will understand that the amazing lovely dentists here on the forum have also a life and real patients and work a lot in background too (just look at all the extensive articles here on the site) and then even invest further free time to help the people here. Therefore it might take a while to get a reply sometimes.

Sadly I am not an expert so I cannot either offer you any advice, but I know that waiting in insecurity can be draining... Generally speaking, if you are in pain and still feel like something is wrong, it might be a good idea to go back to your dentist and let him check it again. If you feel your dentist is not helpful, you might consider to see a different one.

All the best wishes, may you get relief from your pain soon.
Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.
I will check with my dentist.

Back