• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sharp pain after filling

C

Croakerz

I've just gotten 2 fillings done. One deep and one normal. It's barely 12 hours and when I bite with my deep filling it produces a sharp pain. What seems to be the problem? Is this normal and will it heal itself or do I need a root canal?

:welcome: to the forum, you need a bit more time, you have just had a very deep filing as you have stated, it needs time to recover now, and settle back down. Try not to eat on the tooth and let it rest if you can.

I wish you Good luck and if after a few days you are still worried contact your dentist so they can have a look and make sure it is okay. :)

Thanks for your support. Is there also a reason why it hurt more at night?

I don't really know, but if I have pain with any of my teeth, or even sometimes when I don't, I find I clench my teeth together when I am asleep, in the morning or when it wakes me up I have to almost prize my jaws apart so my teeth and sometimes my whole jaw, hurt more in the morning because of this. It can be quite painful.

It may be that because you have some pain, that you are tense and could be clenching your jaw, so it makes it hurt more. :clover:

Back