• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Shifting teeth

  • Thread starter Thread starter bioflame
  • Start date Start date
B

bioflame

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
26
I'm 65, my upper teeth are shifting. My upper center teeth are separating (fixed bridge on one side). Im so scared. Why is this happening? I'm dentist whitecoat scared & our dental ins is terrible. We are low income.
 
Hi
at a guess the front teeth are overloaded. This is generally due to not having enough back teeth or having advanced gum disease. Whichever it is the problem will only get worse if left unchecked so get a consultation as soon as you can. S0ometimes the solutions are not too complex so fingers crossed
 
Thanks for your advice. I wish someone else would advise me as well.
Gum disease is something I know a little about. My gums are pink, don't bleed.
If I go to the dentist, it will cost us hundreds of dollars, which we don't have.
Is there anyone out there to help me in the meantime?

Thanks, Sandi
 
Back
Top