• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

should my extraction site be so open?? really worried

R

ReeceThomas

DAY 8 - Extraction

What should my site look like?? Mine is very open and there is only a tiny tiny tiny blood clot on the bottom.
I have an infection and taking antibiotics
I have a blood shot eye is this normal???? I also have pain in other teeth not the site itself.

Thanks

I didn't look at mine. But it sounds like you should call the dentist office. And ask if they can take a look at it. I had swelling a week after, and they squeezed me in, he looked at it and said it's healing. Are you doing your salt water rinse several times a day. It's very important. Good luck. Call the dentist office during the day.

I already have he said it is infected. Iam doing salt water rinse, he gave me antibiotics. My site is just very very open
Thanks

Hi! I'm 14 days out from a surgical extraction today and mine has been quite an open space and is still a wide extraction. I lost all the white granulation tissue at the start of this week and have been left with a shallower crater. Seems totally normally though based on the footprint of the tooth.

Back