• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus lift, implant step one

S

Scaredbutready

I did it!! A couple hours ago I had a sinus lift on 13, 14 to prepare for implants and an implant and sinus lift performed on number 3. Won’t lie and say the sounds and pressure were pleasant but for just using local it wasn’t bad. I know there aren’t a ton of sinus lift procedure stories, so to hopefully help anyone else just expect pressure, and sound effects but totally doable. And mine was complex. My oral surgeon and his staff are amazing. It makes a world of difference for a fearful patient. Now to just recover well and hope the implant doesnt fail!

Great job getting through it! I am so glad it went well and you are on the recovery end now!

Thank you! As always, the anticipation is usually worse than anything. Such a relief and now it’s trying to stay calm about it all ‘taking’ and being successful. Thank you for always trying to answer my questions. You’ve been a huge help.

That’s Brilliant ? Glad It Went Well!!

Did You Already Have Teeth Missing Where The Procedure Was Done..?

@lleigh26I did. The side he only performed the lift on has been healing from extraction since December. The other side last may when I finally had the courage to go to the dentist!

Back