• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus perforation after tooth extraction?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sosley
  • Start date Start date
S

Sosley

Junior member
Joined
Apr 29, 2025
Messages
4
Location
Uk
Yesterday I had two teeth extracted, UR6 and LR6. Neither of them came out easily, the dentist said that the upper one had the most curved roots he'd ever seen, one even had a double curve. When the anaesthetic wore off I noticed an airflow between my nose and the upper extraction site, if I tried I could actually breathe through the hole where my tooth used to be. Today I feel surprisingly normal with no pain or swelling. The airflow is still there but not as bad as it was yesterday. Is this something that will heal on it's own as the socket heals or do I need to go back to the dentist?
 
It'll heal on it's own in 99% of cases.
Don't blow your nose for 2 weeks, just wipe, don't "hold in" sneezes, just let them rip.

Do NOT drink with a straw for 2 weeks.

Don't fret, even if it doesn't heal spontaneously it's a very simple surgical procedure to close it.
 
Back
Top