• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Slight burning in cheek, swelling inside and outside of cheek! Really worried!

A

aslam25m

Slight burning in cheek, swelling inside and outside of cheek! Really worried!

Hello everyone;

I had my root canal done on Monday by a dentist, upper left 26th. I had got a cavity in there, although was not so much painful but due to weather and I was not able to resist anything cold so I went with root canal and I considered it safe. During root canal, my dentist was able to find fourth root of same tooth and cleaned it as well. Everything was done in single sitting and I came back home. Things went good. On Wednesday morning, I started feeling some swelling on my cheek (outside) which was not very noticeable though and I even did not care about it. In night of Wednesday, I was not able to sleep due to pain so I took appointment to the dentist and got checked. When he touched far above my gums, he found swelling inside mouth as well and told me that I have got abcesses. Then he prescribed me antibiotics, amoxycillin and Flagyl both 500 mg, 3 times @24hrs. I also told him that I have been feeling pressure in my cheek bone and eye which he said that it is due to body's natural response to left over infection. Anyways, I started taking antibiotics. Now after 3rd day, I do have swelling which is almost same of day 1st, I have redness on my cheek outside and as well as BURNING (which is scaring me if I have got trigemial neuropathy, I am always feeling something is pressuring me from inside and outside is burning with a pain which goes with Advil). In night when I try to sleep, I can feel the pressure in my nose area as well. Please help me out, what should I do? I have asked 2-3 dentists and they say its normal. My own dentist says that its normal. I do not have xrays done after filling, which I will be getting in my appointment tomorrow. Now I am so much scared, the worst thing is neurological disorder, is it this easy to get TN???

Please help me out.... Please!

Re: Slight burning in cheek, swelling inside and outside of cheek! Really worried!

Another question.

Can an abscess cause me burning on cheek?? It is exactly at the same place inside of mouth..........

Re: Slight burning in cheek, swelling inside and outside of cheek! Really worried!

Guys...... Pl reply me..... I am so much scared......

Back