• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Smoking with dry socket

S

Sade48xx

I went to the dentist on thrusay and had 2 teeth taken out the dentist advised me not to smoke for 12 hour but told me if im going to smoke before that at least wait 4& half hours and use a gauze when smoking till friday which i did. On the sat i had really bad pains which continued all day so i made an emergency appointment for sunday which the dentist clarified its a dry socket he cleaned it and put some brown pad on it witch has really helped iv woken up to say and it looks alot better and i feel alot better it feels abit bruised but no where near the pain i was in what do i now do about smoking as it getting better and i already have a dry socket

Hello Sade,
I literally created an account to help you with your post. I’ve never really had good teeth, and a few years ago I started having problems, and I was just getting extractions rather than fixing them, during this time I was smoking. I was soooo scared to get dry socket, though lucky I never got it. I just inhaled SUUUUPer lightly and I didn’t really smoke a lot daily. Anyways, being as this post is over a week old, I assume that you have successfully passed this and are feeling better by now. You likely wont see this post as I doubt you would come back after a week of being ignored. But I would be interested in how you are feeling, and how you managed to continue smoking with dry socket. Thank you. :)

Back