• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Some of my filling has broke off, could it get worse very fast?

J

Joshg94

Ok so i went to the dentist about a month ago and he said some of the filling i had around 3-4 years ago had broke off, i have not been able to get it fixed yet and its been around 4 weeks.

I do have a phobia of dentists as well, i had an overcrowded mouth and had to have 6 teeth out when i was younger and ever since then i just cannot stand going to the dentist, and i am going through problems at the minute and i get very anxious which really doesn't help.

Could it get considerably worse over the next few weeks? I don't get any pain although last night i was drinking cold water and i kept some over that tooth and i did get a tiny bit of discomfort which was about 0.3/10 in pain and apart from that it feels fine.

The attachment is a picture i took for you to see and it is the middle tooth (just in case any of you know what you are looking for)

Any advice for this dentist hating person?! :)

Attachments

• Middle tooth.jpg
    Middle tooth.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 37
Hello joshg94,
I would just make an appointment to have it looked at..Only a dentist could tell you if it is urgent..Don't wait for it to start hurting badly on a friday night when the dentist isnt available..If you just go and have it looked at or fixed your anxiety will go away...Best wishes...

I am going in a few weeks but i'm just asking if it could get a lot worse by then.

Hello,
It doesnt look like any of the filling is gone..but it is white and so is your tooth..I have a cracked molar which I'm getting pulled on tuesday..The dentist told me it should be fine untill then..I had an appointment to get it extracted on the 18th of April but like you, I am very anxious and I don't want to see if it would last that long..maybe dont chew on that side for a couple weeks just so you dont break more off?

Yeah i will do that, what makes it worse is that once i find any sort of pain it just wont go out of my mind which usually makes the pain never go away because i think about it so much so i don't know if its an actual problem or me just being dramatic.

And good luck with your tooth!

You sound just like me! I imagine all kinds of pain...!!! I hate being like that...

Back