• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sooo embarrassed but need to ask.....

H

h20lilg

Hi everyone, so last Friday, after eighteen years i faced my fears and had my first treatment done at the dentist. I had three extractions and a lot of stitches. I'm really embarrassed but i just need to ask, i have developed a white mass under one of my stitches. Can anyone tell me if this is normal . I'm red as in writing this because in not sure if its food that has got stuck or something to do with my mouth.im pretty sure it isn't food as it wont come out when i rinse my mouth with warm salty water but was just wondering if you guys knew what it could be? Thanks in advance for any reply's and have a nice day. Gina

Hi don't be embarrassed it is quite normal and it is what you want to happen. It is a sign that you are healing properly. I have forgotten what it is called, it begins with g and I always want to call it graduation tissue but that isn't correct.

You will never be judged or made to feel bad on here. There are all sorts of different problems that people suffer from on here related to the mouth and sometimes other things creep in too, we try and support each other and offer comfort when needed.

Well done for going to get the teeth extracted and as long as you follow the after care instructions you should be fine now. :butterfly:

granulation tissue.
well done for taking the plunge, if its not hurting its probably doing just fine so try not to worry.
It's fine to ask, the unknown can be a bit scary!

That was the word I was looking for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks

Back