• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Spacers/separaters for braces information and help needed.

C

cooledwhip

Hey guys! Tomorrow, Thursday, I am getting my spacers in for braces, and the following Thursday is when I get my braces. I'm really scared about when I get the braces, but I'm also scared about the spacers. What do they feel like? I'm really scared if they will fall out while I'm eating or drinking. I also know they cause alot of pain, is this true? :cry:

Any tips to help pain? Any help and comfort will be nice, I have anxiety issues. :(

It feels like there's some huge piece of meat stuck between your teeth. And yeah your teeth and gums get sore, but Advil should help with that. Mine never fell out. You can also get topical anesthesia gel from a pharmacy to help with the gum pain, also with the brackets scratching against your cheeks when you get the actual braces on.

Thanks! I have mine in now and I get braces tomorrow. :(

Back