• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sticky feeling in the back of my mouth after wizzie extraction?

N

nuagebleu

Hello! I just had my 4 wisdom teeth extracted yesterday morning, and now it's been about 36 hrs later, and i noticed that when i bite down slightly in the back of my mouth my teeth feel kinda of sticky and weird, not sure why. Is this normal? I looked through the FAQs on this site and didn't see much about it!
THANKS! :)
- L
Edit: I started rinsing my mouth regularly today with mouthwash/warm salt water hoping that would help but it hasn't...

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes this is normal. I don't know why it happens, keep the area clean by rinsing as you are and brush carefully when brushing your teeth. I hope everything else is okay and happy healing now it is over.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes this is normal. I don't know why it happens, keep the area clean by rinsing as you are and brush carefully when brushing your teeth. I hope everything else is okay and happy healing now it is over.

Thank you!!! That's a relief. Yes things are generally going well, the pain is manageable and the swelling is frustrating but not horrible- thx for asking! :)

Back