• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still struggling with 1 tooth- redo bonding?

S

superjen

After a year and a half of pain and no answers from 2 dentists and an endodontist, I went in to my initial dentist sobbing and begging for help. It was so hard for me to go, I needed a ride because I was shaking so bad, but I am desperate for relief.

Filling on tooth 13 was redone in April because the initial filling wasn't bonded correctly. Still hurts always. I don't chew on that side. No one can find a problem, and the endodontist ruled out a crack since it's been a year and a half and the pulp reacts normally to everything.

The endo noted a slight overhang on the filling, which is on the back side of my tooth. Would it be worth trying to file the overhang and add bonding? Maybe desensitizing paste too? Any other suggestions? I've been trying to advocate for myself, but the pain is wearing me down.

Attachments

• 20210813_111021.jpg
    20210813_111021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
If it's that bad, then I'd want to take the whole filling out, replace with a sedative dressing and re-evaluate from there. I assume you've already tried desensitising paste?
Not worth attacking the very slight overhang, it would leave it pretty rough on a microscopic level which isn't ideal.

Thank you Gordon. I really do feel that my tooth does not like this filling. I'll call the dentist next week and see if I can get it removed.

Good luck, let's hear how you get on.

How's your tooth now?

Ended up finding a crack mid-October and getting a crown. The tooth was so weird being ok sometimes and excruciating other times. After 5 weeks it's on it's way to settling with inflammation and nerve pain around the base, which is maybe irritation from the retraction cord. I'm using a disinfecting rinse and babying it.

And I now have a brand new dental fear- cracked teeth. I'm seriously thinking a life of eating only mush is a possibility.

Ended up finding a crack mid-October and getting a crown. The tooth was so weird being ok sometimes and excruciating other times. After 5 weeks it's on it's way to settling with inflammation and nerve pain around the base, which is maybe irritation from the retraction cord. I'm using a disinfecting rinse and babying it.

And I now have a brand new dental fear- cracked teeth. I'm seriously thinking a life of eating only mush is a possibility.
Lol I hear you. I’m thinking about a soft diet most of the time and only crunchy things are super special occasions! Luckily I like a lot of soft foods so won’t be hard for me. A cracked tooth is not something I want anytime soon

Sorry that happened for you :( why aren’t teeth stronger? Human body is remarkable but that’s the one thing I would improve upon lol

Back