• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

strange lump on gum above tooth

S

sunshinewelly

I have noticed a small lump on my gum. Its not painful and it almost looks like a spot with a white bit to it. I have had ulcers before and they tend to be painful. This however does not hurt. I did injure the tooth below it when i was a teenager and the tooth is capped. The lump is just below the skin flap you can see.

I have not been to my dentist for a number of years as i have not had any problems with my teeth (i know thats a bit unwise).

Does anyone know what this could be . I do tend to panic about health issues and tend to think the worse when it comes too strange lumps etc.lump.jpg

thats almost certainly a dental abscess and the tooth needs a root filling Im sorry to ay.

I have rinsed with a combination of salt water and a antiseptic mouth wash and the lump has gone leaving a tiny pimple.

Its still an abscess though and it will recur. you should get an xray taken to confirm what has happened and discuss treatment.

Back