B
Bexii
Member
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2013
- Messages
- 34
- Location
- Crewe, UK
OK, so I had a tooth that got root-canaled years ago and I had it crowned last year due to chipping the tooth.
Well, the crown fell out yesterday and I don't know whether it has fallen out with a broken piece of tooth, or whether it is supposed to be the post. If it were broken, then surely I'd feel the rest of the tooth inside the gum but I can't feel anything!
I have never had a crown fall out before and I'm worrying that it cannot be re-cememted. I've only had it shy of one year, so not sure why it has fallen out.
Can it be saved??
Next question is: what happens next? I don't want an implant, as it's far too invasive and I simply can't afford it. However, I was told by my dentist that the two teeth adjacent to the crown will need to be crowned at some point, so, would a bridge be better?
Any help to stop my worrying mind, because it's bad enough this happened on the weekend and my dentist isn't open until Monday
I'm doom scrolling the Internet and everything I read makes me panic more
Well, the crown fell out yesterday and I don't know whether it has fallen out with a broken piece of tooth, or whether it is supposed to be the post. If it were broken, then surely I'd feel the rest of the tooth inside the gum but I can't feel anything!
I have never had a crown fall out before and I'm worrying that it cannot be re-cememted. I've only had it shy of one year, so not sure why it has fallen out.
Can it be saved??
Next question is: what happens next? I don't want an implant, as it's far too invasive and I simply can't afford it. However, I was told by my dentist that the two teeth adjacent to the crown will need to be crowned at some point, so, would a bridge be better?
Any help to stop my worrying mind, because it's bad enough this happened on the weekend and my dentist isn't open until Monday
I'm doom scrolling the Internet and everything I read makes me panic more
it's a bit of a disturbing incidence. How has the rest of the day gone for you. Did you save it it sounds? I've had several crowns come out and was able to bring it back to have it recemented. Honestly of all I've had fall out, I've not had one they told me they couldn't get back in there. I panicked big time too, and all the what if's crossed my mind, then I went in and they cemented it back relatively inexpensive fix too. I hope yours is the same scenario
..So hope yours will last as long and longer