• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Success? Well on the road anyway!

N

Nanna2Six

Well yesterday I finely did it, I had my front top 7 teeth/tooth roots pulled. Well yanked is a better word. They were all basically broken off. I do not want to go into too much detail so I do not scare anyone. And I am very VERY glad I got it taken care of but it was really brutal! The dentist ended up saying that my tooth roots were tiny. And thats why it was so hard to get them out. Does that make any sense? Tiny roots? Wouldn't that be easier! I don't know. But I feel like I lost a fight with Rocky Balboa.
This was at a local clinic and only really cost me a few dollars for thousands of dollars worth of work so I am not even gonna complain! I am so thankful for the help! Since it is a clinic they are 4th year students from major dental schools supervised by an experienced dentist. So when I went for my first visit 2 weeks ago that student told me that since it was all basically roots it would be pretty easy. The student I had yesterday was amazing! She was really good, so understanding of how scared I was, she got it all out except 3 small parts and then the main dentist came in and did those and OMG not fun! He was very heavy handed. He was actually lifting me up out of the chair with that tool he had shoved into my jaw, and I am not a light weight person! How does pushing up help pull a tooth down? I don't know! But the worst part is done. 2 top molars, and 3 bottom teeth to be pulled and 6 small cavities and then to try to get top dentures and bottom partials.

To say that I am scared of dentists is a very minor understatement! How I got thru this I have no idea. But now no more constant infections and pain! That is what is getting me through the pain I am in now, at least this pain has an end in sight.

Congratulations on getting this done, I went to a dental hospital for some work doing and the students are fine but it was when one of the tutors decided to join in and show them that I hated it and it got uncomfortable. I understand what you must have gone through and as you say it is done now and you are done with the infections and pain etc...

I wish you a speedy and uneventful healing period. Are you having dentures?

You don't have to answer that I am just curious. All the best to you :grouphug::butterfly:

As soon as I can find a way to afford dentures yes on top, will need partials on bottom.

Back