S
shiloa
Junior member
- Joined
- May 29, 2016
- Messages
- 3
Hello everyone!
I've had two molar teeth removed 8 months ago by an oral surgeon under local anaesthesia and during the follow up appointment and other visits to my regular dentist I've been told that everything has healed perfectly. Apart from the initial problems right after the surgery I didn't have any issues at all. However, about two weeks ago the left side started hurting whenever I ate. It feels as if my gums have suddenly become extremely sensitive and I have to be really careful when chewing. There is no redness and the extraction site looks pretty good to me. When my dentist prodded the site at my last appointment a month ago I felt no discomfort either. I don't want to run straight back to my dentist because of it since it always takes a while to find an appointment with my work schedule, so I thought I'd check online for a cause first before making an appointment. Do you have any idea what could be causing the sudden sensitivity months after the surgery?
I've had two molar teeth removed 8 months ago by an oral surgeon under local anaesthesia and during the follow up appointment and other visits to my regular dentist I've been told that everything has healed perfectly. Apart from the initial problems right after the surgery I didn't have any issues at all. However, about two weeks ago the left side started hurting whenever I ate. It feels as if my gums have suddenly become extremely sensitive and I have to be really careful when chewing. There is no redness and the extraction site looks pretty good to me. When my dentist prodded the site at my last appointment a month ago I felt no discomfort either. I don't want to run straight back to my dentist because of it since it always takes a while to find an appointment with my work schedule, so I thought I'd check online for a cause first before making an appointment. Do you have any idea what could be causing the sudden sensitivity months after the surgery?