• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth Extraction, help! so scared, terrified! please i need support!

After 8 days you should be able to eat and drink what you want now. You can stop the salt water rinses now if you want. If you have followed all the after care instructions and feel okay, do what ever you feel comfortable doing now.

Still doing really well :jump::jump::jump: congratulations :jump::jump::jump:.

I hope this helps, 'til next time :butterfly:

If at any time you are in pain or worried contact your dentist, you do sound as if you are doing really well.

and the teeth next to the extraction site are still a bit sensitive even now, is that normal? i guess the gum need to heal completely before.

here's an bit off-topic question: i remember before when i went to the dentist, they only did 1 injection to numb, for normal teeth repairing when it's a single tooth, or 2 next to eachother. Are they supposed to give 1 injection still?
i'm just figuring that teeth extraction is a lot more painful than repairing, so that must be why they gave me several shots...

The teeth next to the extraction will settle down, just give them a bit longer. They give you the amount of injections they consider you will need at the time. Each place in your mouth is different, I don't understand how it all works from their point of view, I am just happy that when I have things done if they are pain free.

I am glad you are feeling good and that you are healing really well. You can now do the dance of success, are you ready :dance2::dance::dance::dance2::cheer::yay::welldone:

thank you very much! now i just have to avoid licking around the extraction site. Yes it's healing, but i noticed there seem to be a piece of soft gum near a tooth, probably because i've been "playing around with my tongue" too much. i'm still hesitating about drinking soda though, while i'm now drinking coffee :rolleyes:

hi again! sorry to bump this old message again...

but i noticed something recently on the gum/extraction site.

it seem to be a bit yellow/white-ish on the upper/outside corner of the gum (on the cheek side), and this part seem to be sensitive, for example if i gently touch it at some places, it's a bit painful still, even after 2 weeks and a half.

And you know sometimes, when it hurt inside your cheek before you've bitten/chewed a part of it, it seem to have some white spots. Well it's doing this right now. i wonder if this can be related to the healing or something, i don't know...

But i wonder if the gum is alright though. By your experience, is it supposed to do that even after 2 1/2 weeks?

thank you very very much for your friendly support, it's extremely appreciated!:grouphug:

Hello hun

If you are still worried and concerned, give your surgery a quick ring, and they may be able to advise you and put your mind at rest.

Hope you get along ok.

Kim

i took a short appointment in a few hours (1h pm), as a "control" to check if it's alright with the healing. I'll have to buy 2 bus tickets, but i don't mind, if it's to make sure it's healing right.

it won't be the same doctor who did the extraction, but i think it's ok still.

i called other dentists nearer from my house, and most are not even open on Friday and have weird business hours...while the place i go have nice hours.

Last edited:
Let us know how things went for you please, it does sound to me that you are healing nicely though but it is always best to check with a dentist as we can only speak from personnel experience's.

I am hoping everything is fine. :butterfly:

By the way, you are most welcome any time, it's nice to hear from you again. :jump::jump::jump:

i saw the dentist for like 2 minutes, first he asked me "what can i do for you today?", then i told him, he checked fast, he said yes it's healing great. He had this look in his face like "stop worrying too much" while talking to me, because it seem i do, too often...so i told him "you're the dentist, and i wanted to be sure".

So yes, it's doing fine. :)

Back