D
danny4
Junior member
- Joined
- Feb 5, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- UK
51 year old male, just found out all my front lower teeth are going to have be extracted due to bone loss from gum disease. Its hit me for 6, I already suffer low self esteem and anxiety. Now the thought of having a denture has really kicked me. Potentially I can have a bridge, but they didn't sound to confidant. Also if they cant get the gum disease under control then I might need a full lower denture. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, typing and messaging here, probably to talk to other people who've had the same and maybe vent.
I like to white water kayak, and run/gym - is this going to be an issue with a full denture, if it comes to that. Dentist did say I may be a candidate for a bone graft further down the line which maybe means I could get implants.. I've even had thoughts of quitting my job to just go live back with my Dad as I don't know if I can deal with things in my normal life - but that's probably just an initial reaction..
I like to white water kayak, and run/gym - is this going to be an issue with a full denture, if it comes to that. Dentist did say I may be a candidate for a bone graft further down the line which maybe means I could get implants.. I've even had thoughts of quitting my job to just go live back with my Dad as I don't know if I can deal with things in my normal life - but that's probably just an initial reaction..