• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temporary filling before root canal

H

harley93

So, I went to the dentist about a year ago and had a temporary filling put in until I could be able to get a root canal. With finances being kind of crazy and family things, I still haven't gotten around to getting the root canal and haven't had any pain or trouble. Just today, I started having a dull pain in the area where the tooth is but nothing is swollen or anything (no fever or foul taste in mouth). I have an appointment about 6 days from now at a new office. I have severe health anxiety and the possibility that something is really wrong is eating away at me. What kind of symptoms would I be experiencing if things were serious and do you think that I will be okay to wait those 6 days or should I go somewhere sooner? :redface:

Hi :welcome:to the forum.

You will be fine for 6 days. If there was anything serious happening you would be in a lot of pain probably. There isn't anything that serious that your dentist can't sort out.
I know it is hard not to worry but try to distract yourself until your appointment. Nothing bad will happen to you until then.

Hi :welcome:to the forum.

You will be fine for 6 days. If there was anything serious happening you would be in a lot of pain probably. There isn't anything that serious that your dentist can't sort out.
I know it is hard not to worry but try to distract yourself until your appointment. Nothing bad will happen to you until then.

Thanks for responding! As silly as it sounds, your reassurance actually made me feel better. I just got way too far into Google and convinced myself that it was serious.

I find it is always best to step away from google with things like this. Or even better don't go there :giggle:

Good luck for your appointment and HAPPY CHRISTMAS :xmastree:

Back