• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The dreaded dry socket

B

banditsmom

So I had an infected molar extracted 5 days ago. I was doing great till yesterday when I went running. I started with throbbing pain and last night the pain was bad. I went to the oral surgeon and he said I had a dry socket. He said it was not infected and packed the site. I feels so much better. He was suprised that it happed at 4 days out. Today is Monday I go back wed.

I'm really scared. What if it doesn't heal. How long does it typically take to heal? Is there anything I can do to make it heal and not get complications. I have 2 little kids and work part time so I can't afford to be out of commission.

help I'm so upset!

You would have felt the worse'd you are going to, I bet he was surprised that you had dry socket after day 4, it is unusual but there is always someone to break the rules :ROFLMAO: You are the second person that has had this after the three day clear time.

I am glad you were able to get seen, things should start to get a lot better now.

Best wishes to you :grouphug::grouphug::hug5::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::hug4::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::friends::butterfly:

Thanks Carole you always offer such kind words. I'm just so upset and scared. I don't want anymore issues. I just want to heal quickly and not have that pain again!

I know it isn't something I would want again, I got this about 30 years ago and the memory is still there. I did have an infection as well.

I would think that as he has put you a dressing in now, you will just heal without any further problems, I have everything crossed for myself and chickenjen, oh and vicki too as we are all having rct problems at the moment, I will add you to the crosses. You can cross everything too for yourself and us, with all this we should all be fine soon.

If we aren't it won't be from the lack of trying, will it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It does make you feel very sorry for yourself, especially after you made all the effort to be so brave and have the extraction in the first place :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I think you will be okay now, :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

Back