• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The injection after numbing cream

L

luke88

What does the injections feel like after applying some numbing cream?

It depends on the technique and the anesthetic choice. Either it will burn a little to moderate amount or you will feel almost nothing to nothing.

Out of about 10 shots... I really on felt one.. like comfort dentist said I would describe mild to moderate burning or slight pinch.. thankfully my dentist is amazing with the shots and takes his time. I think it was the location of the shot that made the difference that time maybe too.

Out of about 10 shots... I really on felt one.. like comfort dentist said I would describe mild to moderate burning or slight pinch.. thankfully my dentist is amazing with the shots and takes his time. I think it was the location of the shot that made the difference that time maybe too.

When you say out of about 10 shots you only felt one.. Well what did that one shot feel like was it bad or?

It depends on the technique and the anesthetic choice. Either it will burn a little to moderate amount or you will feel almost nothing to nothing.

What does the burn feel like? is it unbearable just be honest please??

Does every injection hurt?

I often do not even feel the sting after the numbing gel. not even the pinch..

Does every injection hurt?

it definately does Luke, in my experience most of the time, I dont even feel the pinch after the numbing gel, makes a huge difference. !!

Do you by any chance feel the numbing stuff been injected or is it just the pinch of the needle you feel?

it definately does Luke, in my experience most of the time, I dont even feel the pinch after the numbing gel, makes a huge difference. !!

Do you by any chance feel the numbing stuff been injected or is it just the pinch of the needle you feel?

after numbing cream really I don't even feel the pinch... once in a great while will feel a very slight pinch for like 2 seconds.. but mostly I don't even feel this.. it depends on the Dr.. mine has alot of great patience and skill in making it like this and not feeling it. I'm very blessed. I hope you will be too!!

Hi, I've had my front teeth prepped for crowns several times in the past 5 months. I've had front injections years ago and they really are the worst. But my new dentist used numbing cream and after a few seconds, I put several injections in and I promise you, I felt nothing, honestly. It's really amazing how well it works and I'm so glad they have something they can use to make injections do much more comfortable. I didn't feel pain, pinching or burning. Hope this helps ?

Having gotten, also, about ten injections during a procedure two weeks ago, it was certainly a pinch, but not all that bad.

I would describe the experience more "annoying" or "sucky" than terrible or even bad.

As long as I focused on my breathing it went fine.

The needle looks horrifying.

It doesn't feel bad. I had a whole bunch of them and I was aware of maybe one and it was pinchy, at worst. And this was with a tooth with an active infection.

Back