• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Thisismyjournal (thisisme)

J

JaySee19

Don’t wish to discourage you, but we humans are odd creatures and once we’ve solved one problem and can love ourselves again, the next problem comes along. Am I being cynical?

T

thisisme

Don’t wish to discourage you, but we humans are odd creatures and once we’ve solved one problem and can love ourselves again, the next problem comes along. Am I being cynical?
Haha maybe! My teeth have been holding me back for over a decade. Straightening my teeth will boost my self confidence, which will be huge. I’ll finally be able to show who I really am, and any other problem that I face... hopefully I can handle with my new-found self confidence! 😀 I used to never know how to style my hair but now, I do and it’s really cute, so a beautiful smile and cute hair?! I would feel so good about myself. But why is everything a process? My app says 5 days until I can change my tray! Haha.

T

thisisme

I started tray 2 last night! I was expecting the worse for tray 1 so I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn’t that bad. I was expecting better for tray 2, and I am disappointed. Haha. Ohhhh the pain but it’s a good pain and I know that, but I’m not even sure how it’s safe to remove the trays right now. It feels like you’re going to rip out all your teeth. They are so tender, especially the crowded areas. And then you have that awkward, I got the tray half out but it’s stuck on the attachments and my teeth hurt if I try to pull it out or push it back in. 😂🤣 And then there’s a headache which I had at the start of tray 1 too.

But... overall, it’s really great and I have no regrets right now. I love that I’m finally doing something about a part of me I’ve hated for so long!

J

JaySee19

Hey, it’s supposed to hurt! That’s your teeth being “persuaded” to move. But you know that anyway, and, as you say, it’s good pain. Hope everything settles down again soon and the trays get easier to deal with!
Anybody from your family noticed yet?

T

thisisme

Hey, it’s supposed to hurt! That’s your teeth being “persuaded” to move. But you know that anyway, and, as you say, it’s good pain. Hope everything settles down again soon and the trays get easier to deal with!
Anybody from your family noticed yet?
They haven’t! I removed them to eat when I went to visit them and then, just brushed and put them in when I left, but my mom has been over at my place a few times and I’ve left them in. My sister as well and they have not noticed. Granted, I’ve spent 18 years hiding my teeth when I talk, so that may have something to do with it. I’ve only told my best friend and her kids haven’t mentioned it... not even the super curious six year old. My best friend’s sister was over one night and I just didn’t say anything. She didn’t either. The longer I go, the more I feel like it’s my right to choose to tell people or not. If they notice and all, fine, but if they don’t, I don’t see any reason to go out of my way and tell them. I honestly think it’ll be easier to tell people when my teeth are straighter and they are less uncomfortable for me to talk about. Haha.