T
thisisme
Well-known member
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2012
- Messages
- 361
And I survived. This time was a bit different. New room. New assistant. Between us, I’d like the other assistant better. She would say close to suction and this one was pretty quiet. The dentist was running late and of course, I had to sit in the chair for 9 minutes while the person in the room next to mine (MY ROOM!) was getting a filling. Talk about a true test of your bravery.
I had two fillings... so of course, two shots. First one was better. Second one felt like an awkward spot and the pain lingered a bit after he was done. Not awful by any means, though.
Of course, he tells me one filling (not even the one I thought it would be) was deeper so just to keep an eye on it. Grr. Now, I have two deeper fillings that may eventually need root canals one day. I’m happy I went when I did, but I really hope these fillings last me many, many years.
It took about 15 minutes to do the fillings. Next week will be tougher because there’s 4, so I’m anticipating double that time, but then, in theory I should be done until my next cleaning in March. I say in theory because even though he couldn’t find a cavity in this particular bottom molar, there feels something weird about it. Even during the filling, it seemed like the cold suction made it twinge just a tiny bit. I am hoping that it is just my imagination side I was so convinced something was wrong with it for years.
Anywho, YEARS of temporary filling and 20 minutes. He said I did really good, which I know is super lame but it makes me feel good.
That’s all I have. T minus 8 days until I’m all done with treatment!
I had two fillings... so of course, two shots. First one was better. Second one felt like an awkward spot and the pain lingered a bit after he was done. Not awful by any means, though.
Of course, he tells me one filling (not even the one I thought it would be) was deeper so just to keep an eye on it. Grr. Now, I have two deeper fillings that may eventually need root canals one day. I’m happy I went when I did, but I really hope these fillings last me many, many years.
It took about 15 minutes to do the fillings. Next week will be tougher because there’s 4, so I’m anticipating double that time, but then, in theory I should be done until my next cleaning in March. I say in theory because even though he couldn’t find a cavity in this particular bottom molar, there feels something weird about it. Even during the filling, it seemed like the cold suction made it twinge just a tiny bit. I am hoping that it is just my imagination side I was so convinced something was wrong with it for years.
Anywho, YEARS of temporary filling and 20 minutes. He said I did really good, which I know is super lame but it makes me feel good.
That’s all I have. T minus 8 days until I’m all done with treatment!

So glad for you this appt went better again. and wow 36 minutes is definately fast . Glad you got your old room back and at least a sight of your favorite assistant.. I have my favorite too. : ). its always nice to work wth someone you are more comfortable with. I also think its great they brought up your mom and her appt in a really positive nice way.. Hope your fillings are doing ok .