T
thisisme
Well-known member
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2012
- Messages
- 362
I’m at the dentist now for a redo filling. I am so fed up. He didn’t want to redo it because it has the symptom of a crack though he sees no crack. He wants to send me to a specialist for a 3D for further examination. And it literally just started happening after he filled it. It was fine before and he sees nothing. So I was seriously just refill it and see what happens. I’m assertive because I had an awful day at work.
And he’s like okay and numbs me up, but he says after I’m numbed up, he wants to test my top teeth. My top teeth are fine. Don’t make them worse. I know the top right can give me some sensitivity now and then but it’s not the sharp pain. Ugh.
Also the pain is only when biting directly on the filling, not the tooth, and I’ve heard that a sharp pain can be indicative of a bad filling. So seriously, you’re not perfect. Nobody is. You did four teeth at a time and it happens. And if it still hurts after a redo, I’ll get it looked at but man.
Send help. I’m done.
And he’s like okay and numbs me up, but he says after I’m numbed up, he wants to test my top teeth. My top teeth are fine. Don’t make them worse. I know the top right can give me some sensitivity now and then but it’s not the sharp pain. Ugh.
Also the pain is only when biting directly on the filling, not the tooth, and I’ve heard that a sharp pain can be indicative of a bad filling. So seriously, you’re not perfect. Nobody is. You did four teeth at a time and it happens. And if it still hurts after a redo, I’ll get it looked at but man.
Send help. I’m done.
Great job on stepping forward towards your dream!! 

It sucks that your dentist has such an ego though and was resistant to refill that tooth. So is this the same tooth that had a small filling but then you had pain with crunchy foods?? I really hope the new filling has fixed it for good!! Also, I am so envious that you took the leap to get invisaline!!! Your teeth really aren't that bad at all and I bet they'll be able to shift them around a bit to lessen the open bite and straighten things up! I've thought about getting invisaline, but I also worry that my bite is too weird (crossbite) and I'd have to get "traditional" braces in the end and I've worried the same, that shifting my teeth around will cause more issues. It's just the dental anxiety talking though, looking for worse case scenarios. Everything moves slowly enough that it'll be okay