• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Throbbing pain in lower jaw bone and oozing from 2 sites after 1 week

D

Deept2002

Hi There, I got all 4 impacted wisdom removed exactly one week ago. I blew my nose after 6 hours of surgery and had blood out from the nose. I have been feeling sinus pressure and blood mucus every morning though felt things were normal - went back to work and a yoga class on 5th day. But since 5th night lower right is oozing. I have salty taste that night and did rinse, kept tea bag on the site. Called next day to oral surgeon office, they said it is normal. Oozing is still back and forth - just now had from the left upper. Sutures have been coming out too. Also feeling lower jaw bone pain on right side and headache and neck pain on right side. Still taking Tylenol 3x and advil 400 mg off and on. Finished the antibiotics. Just wondering if it can be dry socket :shame:also if this oozing is normal as it is almost end of the eighth day :( (just before weekend on Friday night:confused:). I am 34 years old female.

Also dentist mentioned after surgery that he found on one site 2 cc of white yellow fluid. Since I was under all the drugs not sure if he was referring a cyst. I have a follow up exam on coming Tuesday (12th day of surgery).

Also noticing some blue marks on my neck.

Last edited:
Hi :welcome:to the forum.

I don't think this sounds normal and it is a good thing that you are going back on Tuesday for a check up. I would try and get to see them before if I were you.

With dry socket you are usually in a lot of pain that pain meds won't touch you also can get a terrible taste. I don't think anything drastic will happen to you before Tuesday but it can't be very pleasant. :butterfly:

Thanks Carole, Just saw your message. Seems like I have not signed up for email notification.

As you mentioned I should have tried to go early. Lesson learnt always sign up for a nearby practice.

Monday night I started feeling more pain on the right side from ear to molar. I went on Tuesday for my appointment - mentioned him all the concerns. He said he is seeing some yellow fluid coming out from that site (I guess by this time site got infected, though I had no feve). And gave me 2 antibiotics (metronidazole and clindamycin, Amoxycylin he gave me earlie immediate after the surgery). Today my jaws are really puffy and inflamed. Feeling dizzy, chills or lost too apparently side effects of metronidazole. :o having trouble in chewing. Worrying about osteomylitis or anything like that - more I read more I am worried. Hoping everything will be alright :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From last 4 dsys - i have limited mouth opening and my right lower jaw bone still hurts. symtons are matching TMJ. Who knew my gender put me on more risk for it too. Learning about all these complications aftermath. My gums are sometimes very swollen - taking Advil every day for inflammation. Have appointment on Tuesday.
Should not have gone all four done under general sedation....:cry:
Why dentists or oral sugeon upfront tell us about all these possibilities!!! All they are concerned to make the final number high. And guess what now I will be patient for TMJ too:(

Hi I had all four of my wisdoms done nearly 30 years ago and although it wasn't very nice after and I was sore I am glad I had it all done at once. I have tmj too.

Good luck with the rest of your healing. :butterfly:

Back