• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Too scared and embarrassed but need to get to a dentist

T

terriegym

My teeth have been bad all my life. Over the years I've been to many dentist over the years. But after some bad painful experiences and being made to feel bad by some dentists the fear and embarrassment over the state of my teeth I can't face going. I cried just even picking up a form last time. I suffer depression also and my black teeth are not helping. I reached an all time low yesterday having to glue a broken teeth back in so I could go into work. I'm in the Bristol/Gloucester area.

Hello!!

I'm so sorry yiur going though this!
I wish I could make it better for you somehow trust me coming here will make you feel a bit better I went to the dentist for the first time in my life today I'm 20 thankfully not mug wrong just need fissure sealent next week however I ubdderstand how nervous you are

Have you got someone that could go with you? And do you have a dentist in mind that you think you'd like to try out?

It's honestly not as scary and dentists are super nice and don't judge you

My teeth have been bad all my life. Over the years I've been to many dentist over the years. But after some bad painful experiences and being made to feel bad by some dentists the fear and embarrassment over the state of my teeth I can't face going. I cried just even picking up a form last time. I suffer depression also and my black teeth are not helping. I reached an all time low yesterday having to glue a broken teeth back in so I could go into work. I'm in the Bristol/Gloucester area.

I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with previous dentists. My experiences are what have caused my fear too, and also have anxiety and depression. I hope you can find a good dentist with some compassion for frightened patients

I don't have a dentist at moment as we moved a couple of years ago. I don't have anyone to come with me. I've been having teeth removed since I was 5. I had a lovely dentist between the ages of 13-23 years. He Never made me feel bad. I really need to find one that will just take all the stumps out and give me false ones all in one go preferably. I'm 45 now.

Oh hun!! I feel for you I really do

Have you tried looking at dentists near by? Do a little research look at reviews and try to pick one the hardestvpaart is actually making thee appointment. Ibsuggest getting an early one as you won't have. To wait around what helps me is using. A. Scale to measure anxiety level just think the dentist is there to help you!!

I did pickup a form from the dentists my sons go to, but couldn't ask for it without crying, I was so embarrassed. The practice is so busy, too many people and they always run 10-15 late. I just don't see how I can manage there! I'll try to find something.

Ahh I u ddersttand honestly after you make An appointment you'll feel so much better liked you've achieved something and when you go you'll feel amazing trust me

Back