• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction..week 4!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jennylynn
  • Start date Start date
J

Jennylynn

Junior member
Joined
Jun 27, 2016
Messages
11
I had a top molar extracted after a ton of work and pain for 6 months. The site hurt like hell for 10 days. Then there was an annoying throbbing when I exercised that has finally gone away. Now at 4 weeks I still have discomfort and a weird feeling on the side of my face. It's not pain, just a dull ache. What is this?! I have been back to the dentist and everyone says it's healing well, but might take a while because of the pain prior to the extraction. I am so anxious and tired of this. Anyone have annoying symptoms for this long?? It's not bad enough to even take Advil, but it's freaking me out!
 
If the dentist has had a look and thinks things are fine they will be. Each extraction can take different times to settle back down and for you to feel normal again. It will happen try to be patient.
 
Thanks! Why is it that the discomfort comes and goes?? Yesterday I had no discomfort and today it's bugging me. So annoying and giving me anxiety.
 
I don't know why these things happen but I agree they are horrible. If it doesn't start to feel better after a few days go back to the dentist and get them to check again.
 
Back
Top