• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth Whitening Products

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarrenH
  • Start date Start date
D

DarrenH

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
88
Now I have had all my dental work done, I've been interested in trying something to whiten my teeth.

My teeth aren't to badder colour, but not that white either..

Was wondering if anyone could recommend any products that both are effective and more importantly won't damage my teeth or gums? or is that even possible, I've heard crest whitening strips are good but I really don't want to damage my teeth.
 
I got my teeth whitening stuff from the dentist. He made the trays for me and I had to fill them with the goo and wear them at night for 2 weeks. It was about £300, I think, but they are still looking good 2 years on and if I ever want a top-up I can just buy the goo from a dentist so it would be lots cheaper.

I have also tried a kit from the chemist (about £30) where you make the tray yourself in hot water but I didn't really see much of a difference in colour from that.
 
I don't have direct experience of them, according to my US dentist buddies, the whitening strips are OK but you tend to miss bits. They're quite safe to use though.
 
My teeth aren't to badder colour, but not that white either..

Adult teeth are not supposed to be white like baby teeth - as you can probably guess I am a fully paid up member of the anti-whitening brigade ;).
 
...yeah me too, I'm a member of that club. Stains are one thing, nice not to have those there, but my teeth are most definitely not white by any stretch of the imagination and I have been told that they are a good colour and nice and strong by my dentist.
 
Hi
According to my experience, patients with a reasonable colour, a bit of polishing (done by the oral oral hygienist or the dentist) makes the light reflecation stronger and give an effect of a lighter smile. In almost all cases the patient is gladwith the result, and it stays this way for weeks/months.
 
Back
Top