• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tricky Question About Braces

J

js0141094

I am quite knowledgeably aware of the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist, however I was wondering If I could get an answer for this question:

I never got braces as a kid, and I have an overbite that slightly juts my jaw to the side and allows the bottom row of my teeth to cut into my mouth. My teeth are so close together in the back that I cannot floss in between my teeth, except for the ones in front.

My question(s) is this: If I can get braces, will braces help bring me at ease and resolve these problems? Will I need any other form of dental work done? And lastly, being a nineteen year old college student on Medicaid, how could I possibly even afford such a procedure? Will my medical insurance (Medicaid) cover it? I aged out of foster care and have no parents, so I rely completely on the government for medical financial assistance.

1) Well a course of ortho will most likely leave you with nice straight teeth and a better bite. Can't answer the other questions
2) No idea, I don't work in the US. Maybe ring an orthodontist and ask them?

Back