• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA

G

grammy10

I HAVE TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA AND HAVE A FEAR OF ANYONE TOUCHING MY MOUTH.. I AM IN SAUGUS MASS, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DENTIST THAT WOULD PUT ME TO SLEEP AND DO ALL THE WORK NEEDED.. THANK YOU!

I'm sorry no one has answered this, and I'm sorry you have this condition. When I had to find a new dentist I made a list of questions and then a list of dentists to call after I checked out their reviews. It took 10 calls before I found a place that could get me in without waiting months and they seemed to i understand that my situation needed a special touch. If you explain what you are looking for and they don't seem to be understanding, then move on to the next office on your list.

Thank you, for responding.. I am looking for a dentist that would put me to sleep and one that knows what Trigeminal Neuralgia is.. I know I need one filling and one tooth replace, and my bottom teeth cleaned, I have dentures on the top.. I would also like knew dentures.. The though of work being done, while I am awake is what is keeping me from going.. Before this condition I went every 6 months.. I believe that the extractions on my top teeth are what caused my Trgeminal Neuralgia . {known as the suicide disease}

I don’t have additional advice but just wanted to add my sympathy. I have atypical facial pain, which while painful, is not nearly as bad as trigeminal neuralgia. I ate going to the dentist even for a cleaning, as I know it will cause it to flare up for days or weeks afterwards.

I would definitely call around and tell them up front you have trigeminal neuralgia and need sedation for treatment. Hopefully you can find someone that will help. My current dentist office and oral surgeon are great with my AFP, and make little changes in how they do things to accommodate me.

My AFP started after multiple extractions and two apicoectomies.

Oh, I am so sorry for that.. Where are you located ?? I think you are right , I will check with Dentist in my area and ask about sedation.. THANK YOU...

Oh, I am so sorry for that.. Where are you located ?? I think you are right , I will check with Dentist in my area and ask about sedation.. THANK YOU...
I am in North Carolina.

Back