• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tuesday I have at least 1 wisdom extraction. Rotten to the core. I have sever anxiety and need help.

Re: Tuesday I have at least 1 wisdom extraction. Rotten to the core. I have sever anxiety and need h

Hi Geek, just dropping by to wish you luck for tomorrow!

I hope you have more success with the oral surgeon - remember, your needs matter.

Let us know how you get on - and we're here if you need us!

Re: Tuesday I have at least 1 wisdom extraction. Rotten to the core. I have sever anxiety and need h

Good luck for tomorrow :clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::thumbsup::butterfly:

Hi just reading up on your story.

I have just been through similar. I discovered my Upper wisdom was broken so in a state of blinding fear and panic I went to the dentist....turns out the other Upper was also badly decayed...needed to both come out...reassured me that the uppers have no nerves and are simple to remove, 99% of people have them out in the chair but due to my severe fear and anxiety levels he referred me to an Oral Surgeon.

Saw the surgeon and booked the surgery 2 weeks later, I then took the OPG X-rays back to the dentist to review as the Surgeon noticed a couple of things but said he wasnt a general dentist and will just do what the Dentist asked. So I took the OPG back to the Dentist and had an exam and found three other molars that were previously heavily filled were in a bad way... It all happened quickly anyhow I decided to have them out at the same time rather than try a highly unlikely attempt to restore them at greater expense!

I can tell you I am 43 so I was very anxious and frightened at my ripe old age :giggle: knowing you are seeing an Oral Surgeon that is highly experienced should put you at ease, you'll be well looked after and they deal with many anxious patients, mine was very reassuring said he even sees patients in their 90's. I had all 5 out 2 weeks ago and it was all very straightforward and simple nowhere near as bad as my mind had imagined I would have a general anytime again!

Best wishes to you, it will be Ok! :):)
;)

Last edited:
Back