• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two teeth growing out my gums

C

Carly101x

So I have two sharp teeth growing and I was meant to have braces at 15 but at the time I didn’t regularly brush my teeth and I had to brush more but since then I haven’t been able to afford braces and I’m 19 and they are affecting my gums because they are making me feel sore but what do I need to do?

Do you think I could leave them and they will grow down on their own or will I need them taken out

Attachments

• 7845C3A5-9EBE-4491-8043-C8543CCBB21D.png
    7845C3A5-9EBE-4491-8043-C8543CCBB21D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
They won't come all the way in on their own as there is no space. Getting them removed would certainly be an option but it's never too late to get braces so don't rush into making that decision as canine teeth are considered quite important. The gum will be a bit tender around them because of the position they're in but just make sure and brush gently in that area.

The best would be to see a dentist and/or orthodontist who can tell you what are your options. Once you know your options, it would be easier for you to decide what you want to do.

Back