• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Unusual Palate, Ehler's Danlos?

L

ladyofthemystnin

Hi,

I have recently started to suspect that I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. I took a photo of my palete, and noticed what I believe to be small holes. Could you please tell me if my palete is normal, and if not, what that means?

Thank you so much :)

Attachments

• IMGP0134small.jpg
    IMGP0134small.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
Fovea palatini

Fovea palatini

Ahh ok, I haven't seen any pictures where they were so visible. I'm guessing by your response that it doesn't indicate Submucous cleft palate or any other EDS related abnormalities, which is what I was curious about.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ahh ok, I haven't seen any pictures where they were so visible. I'm guessing by your response that it doesn't indicate Submucous cleft palate or any other EDS related abnormalities, which is what I was curious about.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

You should google submuscous cleft and fovea palatini. I Don't think the question you asked was answered. I have occult submuscous cleft that looks very similar to your picture...I am also currently waiting for my test results to confirm EDS.

You should google submuscous cleft and fovea palatini. I Don't think the question you asked was answered. I have occult submuscous cleft that looks very similar to your picture...I am also currently waiting for my test results to confirm EDS.

Thank you. That is what I was originally wondering. I've been dealing with a lot of pain leading to difficulty walking so I've been trying to figure out what is going on. I have a lot of symptoms of EDS. I know that cleft doesn't lead to diagnosis, but it would be more information to bring to the doctor when the time comes.

Back