• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Weird gum issue...

S

S.P.I.

Hi there,

About a month back I could feel that my wisdom tooth was about to erupt; the gum that is assumed to be covering it was kinda swelled and I felt like chewing on it..

Fast forward a month ahead. I can't see any wisdom teeth, the irritation is gone, the gum is still kinda swollen although I don't feel any discomfort. I guess it is an impacted wisdom tooth.

Here's the problem, I keep good care of my teeth (brush regularly and all) but about a few weeks back I started noticing that the slightly swollen gum had a bit of a salty taste... I can't explain how I managed to taste it but i did :p. Now whenever I put my finger on that particular area, it smells funny.

The rest of my mouth is just fine, nothing else smells except for that area.

What do you guys suppose is going on? I can't go to a dentist yet, I am sorta in a limbo (moving in a week) and plan on getting an appointment when I am done moving.

Thanks...

Without looking it would be a wild guess which is as likely to be totally wrong as to be right. Sorry.

That's alright, appreciate the reply.

Back