• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Weird gum months after extraction

I

Ingrid

Hello,

I hope I don't bother you, but I have a question. In March, I had 2 wisdom tooth extracted, one at each time, from 2 weeks apart. Then, I had 2 fillings done, one in april, and the other one in may when I had an allergic reaction to anesthesia. Since all those treatements, my gums are weird on the left side of my mouth. They are often swollen. Plus, I often have perleche because of this.

I went to my physician on thursday for some psoriasis and depression problems, I had anything special to my mouth, and since yesterday, my down gum is really swollen. It's not painful, but I 'feel' it, it's hampering. (I don't know how to traduce it correctly, sorry)

I'm so scared to have to go to the dentist again that I would do everything to heal without having to go. I seriously cannot stand any kind of treatement that need to to there at the moment, I have so much personnal problems right now, and that dental fear is too much. :shame:

Thank you for reading me.

Last edited:
So, I don't think anyone will care but I had an appointement with my dentist today. He told me that the swollen gum came from tartar that I had on this side of my mouth, because I still have a milk tooth here. (I don't have a permanent tooth at this place)

Plus, he said that I have a nodule on the inside of my cheek, because of when I had my gum and cheek stitched, after I had my wisdom tooth remove. It really worries me, I don't know if it's really that ...

Back