• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Weird thing just happened

M

MountainMama

I honestly don’t have a clue what just happened but it is freaking me out. I was flossing my teeth, as I do every night. As I went to floss between my fairly new implant crown #19, and the second molar #18, the floss would not even go between. It was like the crown and the tooth were extremely tightly together. I have never had issues flossing there. My dentist spent quite a bit of time making sure floss would easily slide between them.
I panicked and grabbed an interdental brush. There was nothing stuck in there. The crown didn’t move or wiggle but felt like it was “pulling up” when I tried to prod it with the interdental brush.
It wasn’t painful or loose feeling. I tried floss again and this time it went down between the teeth without a problem, but when I flossed down the side of the implant, there was a bit of blood. No pain. Bleeding stopped immediately. It seemed like the implant was out of place and then moved back, but it isn’t loose.

Did the implant move? Should I be worried? I have never had that happen before. It has always flossed easily.

Last edited:
I'm no dentist but I wanted to reassure you that I'm sure everything is fine. Could your molar have very slightly shifted and then shifted back? I know teeth are a little mobile so they don't just snap off when we eat so could that be a possibility ?

I'm no dentist but I wanted to reassure you that I'm sure everything is fine. Could your molar have very slightly shifted and then shifted back? I know teeth are a little mobile so they don't just snap off when we eat so could that be a possibility ?
It seems weird that it would do that all of a sudden, after a couple months. This morning it flossed fine again, but there is a bit of an ache around the implant. Nothing bad, just nagging.
I am in a bit of a panic over this. I hate things out of the ordinary with my teeth, especially coming up on the Christmas holiday.

I know exactly what you mean xx

Sorry not got a clue. PM Lincoln and see if he's got any ideas?

@MountainMama
I too hear what your saying completely. I think im crazy sometimes as if i were haunted by the teeth issues' which i actually have been lately.
Hang in there. Let your dentist know what you experienced.

Back