• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Weird tooth symptoms.

T

tw26

2 Upper molars have fairly big mercury fillings next to each other (just the middle part filled) - they are both old but look completely normal..
One is newer than the other, possibly different materials but both "black".

When I get food stuck on the cheek side of the tooth and try to suck it out, i get a weird pain. Like a strong "stab" and then it goes away straight away. The "tongue" side is normal.
It seems to be both teeth. (between the two where they meet) It also feel like the filling "expands" when i suck it, as if its moving...)
There is also a very strange and consistently the same bad taste, sort of like glue, or something "chemical". Only if i suck on it....

If i quickly move my head, sneeze, or spit out something - the pain can come for a mili second.
It CAN be completely normal, no taste and no pain and seems to be worse if i aggravate it through stuck food or paranoia lol.

Its not like toothache, it doesnt last and isnt stimulated by cold/hot/eating. Its only on the side, where i can see the fillings - i can touch the side of the filling, that part.

Is this Galvanisation? is it possible between 2 black fillings, that were put in at different times?
Could the taste be the actual fillings Im tasting???

Im very confused because i have been to dentist and x rays revealed nothing but its getting annoying.

I can't see any way you could get a galvanic effect between the fillings as you describe them, you need the dissimilar metals to physically be in contact. Has somebody checked that you don't have some gum pocketing in the area?

Hi thanks for the response. The fillings dont touch, like an upper tooth and lower tooth. But i thought maybe when i yawn or suck on it the tooth may move a tiny bit to contact the other filling?One is "higher" just because of the shape of the tooth. One filling looks silvery, the other charcoal black....

My oral health is pretty good, mostly 1s for pockets, maybe a few 0s. Hygensit said no pockets, possibly slightly red, but nothing she could see.

Maybe its slightly loose, because sometimes it feels like it moves, a very strange sensation as if its being sucked into the tooth and it feels like when it does that - it is putting pressure on the tooth.
IF it is loose, im worried it will take the tooth with it if it falls out :(

Ive exhausted the dentist route and i trust my dentist 100% but it is bothering me a lot as i suffer from anxiety.

The only other thing, just from reading - the Bucal nerve? It runs exactly to those 2 teeth and at that side, but again im just guessing.

Hi thanks for the response. The fillings dont touch, like an upper tooth and lower tooth. But i thought maybe when i yawn or suck on it the tooth may move a tiny bit to contact the other filling?One is "higher" just because of the shape of the tooth. One filling looks silvery, the other charcoal black....

My oral health is pretty good, mostly 1s for pockets, maybe a few 0s. Hygensit said no pockets, possibly slightly red, but nothing she could see.

Maybe its slightly loose, because sometimes it feels like it moves, a very strange sensation as if its being sucked into the tooth and it feels like when it does that - it is putting pressure on the tooth.
IF it is loose, im worried it will take the tooth with it if it falls out :(

Ive exhausted the dentist route and i trust my dentist 100% but it is bothering me a lot as i suffer from anxiety.

The only other thing, just from reading - the Bucal nerve? It runs exactly to those 2 teeth and at that side, but again im just guessing.

Hi, apparently you described my symptoms. The only difference is that I have a golden crown fixed recently. I also have been seen by two dentists and they cannot find anything wrong. I would really appreciate some advice.

Hi, apparently you described my symptoms. The only difference is that I have a golden crown fixed recently. I also have been seen by two dentists and they cannot find anything wrong. I would really appreciate some advice.

Forgot about this. It was indeed Sinusits, lasted around 15 weeks but my ENT wasnt concerned and i wasnt given antibiotics.
VERY strange feeling but glad its gone!

Back