• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What does getting a filling feel like?

L

luke88

What does getting a few fillings feel like??

I’ve only had fillings while numb so I can only describe that experience
the drilling doesn’t feel like anything at all. Then the dentist will scrape your tooth to remove the decay. That doesn’t feel like anything but some pressure. Not bad pressure or anything it doesn’t hurt a bit. Sometimes my dentist uses a different type of drill that vibrates to remove the decay and you can just feel the vibration but nothing else. After all of the decay is removed, they put the filling in and that doesn’t feel like anything at all.

I’ve only had fillings while numb so I can only describe that experience
the drilling doesn’t feel like anything at all. Then the dentist will scrape your tooth to remove the decay. That doesn’t feel like anything but some pressure. Not bad pressure or anything it doesn’t hurt a bit. Sometimes my dentist uses a different type of drill that vibrates to remove the decay and you can just feel the vibration but nothing else. After all of the decay is removed, they put the filling in and that doesn’t feel like anything at all.

What did the injections feel like?

What did the injections feel like?

Just like a pinch. They put numbing gel on your gums first where they will inject so your gums are already pretty numb before the needle goes in. On a scale of 1-10 its like a 1 or 2. Just a small pinch

Back