• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What is happening :((?

H

Hartington99

I have had inflammation which almost feels like a tooth growing above my gum almost in my cheek above my left back two teeth, it was sore to touch my face where it was and to touch with a finger bit but wasn’t bothering me too much and thought I could’ve just caught it when brushing. Now it’s quite painful and my back two teeth hurt and feel wobbly almost as if they’ve moved. It’s been around 3 months I’ve had this for now and wondering what it could be , you can’t see it either when looking but can feel it, I have a similar one on the other side but not as swollen and it doesn’t hurt at all.

This is the area where the pain is 292356A3-5A9A-4957-B199-EA14076F986E.jpeg

I am so scared and unsure what to do as I can’t exactly see a dentist as normal and worried it’s something serious also don’t want to call the dentist as I hate going alone and doubt anyone could accompany me because of coronavirus

Hi Hartington99,

I can appreciate that you’re not keen on attending but in this case your mind will only be put at ease by having it examined. That can only be done by attending a dentist so it’s 100% the right thing to do for you.

I’m not sure over there if it’s a definite rule or just a recommendation about attending alone so it’s worth calling up and discussing your concerns. They may be able to offer a solution. Either way, best to get it looked at and you’ll feel much better about it.

Niall

Back