• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

what toothbrush is best and what do you prefer?

C

crystal87

a normal toothbrush?

vibrating toothbrush?

or an electric toothbrush??

a normal toothbrush?

vibrating toothbrush?

or an electric toothbrush??

I use an Oral B Professional Care 500 electric toothbrush, and sometimes a Sensodyne manual toothbrush. My teeth feel noticably cleaner after using the electric one.

Whatever you can use to clean plaque most effectively. If you're using a manual toothbrush the current recommendation is a soft bristle toothbrush.

I alternately use my manual soft toothbrush + sonic waterpik with my Oral B sonic toothbrush. Too much sonic toothbrush gives me the jitters, so I use it in the a.m., then switch to my manual in the p.m. I always use my waterpik before the manual...flossing is a pain (for me), and the waterpik has truly changed my gums from "challenged" to very healthy. And is does a way better job of cleaning between my teeth.
That's my 2 cents: use 'em ALL if they help you "like" your teeth.

My personal favorite is sonicair and I didn't get it free or sell them.

Any Oral B electric rotating type with the round heads - sensitive brush heads are available. Brush twice a day and floss once at night preferably. Do not overdo it, as it can erode the enamel and wear the gum tissues away (recession) if it becomes obsessive.

Back