• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White area on gum from Novocaine injection

L

LauraQ68

Had two root canals yesterday (upper and lower molars on one side). This morning there is a white sore area on the top of the gum, between the gum and the cheek. I think it's where one of the injections was given (I had several). Is this normal or does it indicate an infection? I'm using salt/warm water rinses and also hydrogen peroxide, which hopefully will allow it to heal. Any reassurance is greatly appreciated.

Had two root canals yesterday (upper and lower molars on one side). This morning there is a white sore area on the top of the gum, between the gum and the cheek. I think it's where one of the injections was given (I had several). Is this normal or does it indicate an infection? I'm using salt/warm water rinses and also hydrogen peroxide, which hopefully will allow it to heal. Any reassurance is greatly appreciated.
I get that every time I get an injection. It irritates my gums and they often turn into ulcers. It will go away in a few weeks.

I get that every time I get an injection. It irritates my gums and they often turn into ulcers. It will go away in a few weeks.

Oh, thank you so much! I was on the verge of calling my dentist (who I'm sure is tired of hearing from me by now). You are such a blessing to this forum, MountainMama! Thank you for your reassurance.

Totally normal! I had many shots (I’m tough to numb) and I had some gum irritation after. Nothing major & cleared up quickly.

Totally normal! I had many shots (I’m tough to numb) and I had some gum irritation after. Nothing major & cleared up quickly.

I had to ask for more Novocaine about four times! I'm such a pain wimp that I didn't even want to feel the twinges. Luckily, the endodontist was very accommodating.

Same, girl. SAME!

I had to ask for more Novocaine about four times! I'm such a pain wimp that I didn't even want to feel the twinges. Luckily, the endodontist was very accommodating.
I have difficulty numbing and always end up with at least twice as many shots as usual.

Back